Your peace of mind is our priority
When buying residential property in Queensland, whether you are a first home Buyer, upgrading to a better home, or buying an investment, you can contact us for help – anytime.
Finding the perfect property is an exciting event – at such a critically important time, make sure you get the right advice.
As Gold Coast Property Lawyers, we help our clients with the purchase and financing of residential houses, vacant land, apartments and townhouses. We also include some asset protection benefits where possible.
One of the Big Decisions !
Buying a property is an important decision for all of us, and there can be more issues than you realise that need attention in a short period of time.
Whilst buying a property can be daunting, you will enjoy the peace of mind of dealing with our team – Nelson and Sarah have a combined 35 years of experience.
We offer competitive and fair pricing with a personalised service to give you comfort and security that your affairs are well-managed.
Gold Coast waterfront home
Before You Sign
Before starting the process to buy a property, we provide our clients with a Guide relevant to the type of property.
The right ownership structure can help you control & protect the property – and may minimise government duties and taxes when passing on to the next generation.
- Click the link here to review our suggestions about buying a property in a Family Discretionary Trust.
The right finance arrangements for your situation can save you time and potentially thousands at settlement time & beyond. You should avoid giving away unnecessary control and influence over your properties.
How Can You Benefit?
We assist you by:
- making sure the Contract is correct before you sign
- letting you know how a Family Trust may protect you
- checking the property for any defects before you buy
- taking away the stress of managing all the paperwork
- ensuring all forms are signed correctly
- checking the body corporate records for any problems
Did you know?
- The property is at your risk from 5.00 pm the next business day after you receive the signed contract, and you need to immediately arrange an insurance policy.
- You can terminate the Contract within 5 business days of receiving the signed contract, however a penalty of 0.25% of the purchase price may apply.
- The No 1 Rule of Qld conveyancing is to comply with the dates for all contract conditions, as there can be serious consequences if the Seller does not agree to an extension – you may be in breach of the Contract.
- If borrowing money, use a Mortgage Broker to find the best loan for you & to provide you with independent advice about lenders and finance strategies.
- Because the Contract doesn’t contain essential information about the property, searches are needed to ensure you know what you need about the property.
- When buying an apartment, extra care is needed as not all the information you need is included in the Contract & arranging a body corporate report is often essential.
Buying a Property requires an Estate Planning Health Check
→ Having made an important property purchase, click here to undertake an Estate Planning Health Check